The Sims Social Traits
As you play, your sims social can have up to six different Traits. Traits are bought using Lifetime points, which are acquired when mastering skill levels of skill objects. E.g. Paint on the Easel until you finish a line. A golden icon of a paintbrush will appear when you finish the last portion of the line.
- As with the tip above, the game will not register you having completed a line until the golden paintbrush icon is collected. So if you want to unlock a new line, you need to collect the icon first.
- Once you have enough Lifetime points, you can purchase traits. If you wish to, you can also swap out a trait, and purchase a new trait (you don’t lose the level of the original trait, but it does cost you Lifetime Points to swap traits).
- If your toilet is broken and you don’t want to spend energy to repair it, simply visit a friend and use theirs.
Traits and their Usefulness
- Slobs are relatively unconcerned by mess and even thrive in filth... much to other Sims' desmay.
- Level 1 - Less concerned by low hygiene.
- Level 2 - Even less concerned by poor hygiene.
- Level 3 - Who needs a toilet when you have a shower or bath?
- Level 4 - The kind of slob other slobs aspire to be.
Gamer's Review: Mainly useful for amusement purposes. Yes, they don't care about personal hygiene, but ... that doesn't help the sim become inspired. The amusements are at lvl 3 when the Sim uses the shower / bath as a hygiene AND a toilet booster (you really don’t want to know!), or lvl 5 where the sim can eat from a trashcan.
- Stay inspired longer with less bathroom breaks.
- Level 1 - Can hold on for longer than average.
- Level 2 - Can hold for even longer.
- Level 3 - Can hold for longer still.
- Level 4 - Can hold on for inuman lengths of time.
- Level 5 - A titan amoong practicers of bladder control.
Gamer's Review: Who cares? Spend a free action at your house, or at a friend's if yours is broken. If you dislike having to raise your bladder need then buy it.
- Put the fast in fastidious, they love keeping things clean and do it without delay.
- Level 1 - Faster than average at cleaning and smart enough to wash their hands.
- Level 2 - Doesn't just clean faster than usual, they have fun doing it.
- Level 3 - Even faster at cleaning.
- Level 4 - Sometimes this Sim can gives things a polish too.
- Level 5 - A supreme cleaning machine.
Gamer's Review: Average Usefulness. Bonuses include your sim automatically washing it's hands after using the toilet (save a click). Raises fun as well when cleaning. I'm not sure, but at Lvl 4, polishing may lengthen the time between objects getting dirty.
- The kind of Sim you could lock in a garage and they'd come smashing out in a car made of hammers.
- Level 1 - Repairs faster than average.
- Level 2 - Repairs faster than average and has fun doing it.
- Level 3 - Repairs even faster than average.
- Level 4 - Repairs faster still.
- Level 5 - Repairs in the blink of an eye. Well almost.
Gamer's Review: Useless. So what if you repair faster? It doesn't affect anything in the game at present.
Insane Sims may be silly, dangerous or downright bonkers but they're never, ever dull.
- Level 1 - Watch for flailing arms.
- Level 2 - You see a plant, they see someone to talk to.
- Level 3 - You can eat your own shoe!
- Level 4 - Sometimes the best conversation is with yourself.
Gamer's Review: Useless normally, but decent if you only have or want a few friends. Reduces the need for social. You can also use the telephone to raise social.
- The very last Sim you'd ever, ever want to invite to a dinner party. Ever.
- Level 1 - Burps and farts when left to their own devices.
- Level 2 - Doesn't care about water puddles and is a flatulant sleeper.
- Level 3 - Can insult others with flatulence.
- Level 4 - Kicks out a Super Fart so thick you can see it.
- Level 5 - Not affected by dirt and could clear a room in seconds.
Gamer's Review: Useful & Amusing. You get 'burp' (and possibly 'fart') negative actions with other sims. The bonus is that you don't need to bother to spend energy to clean items.
Just like ninjas of old, super fast and able to teleport.
- Level 1 - Walks faster than normal. Sometimes in a particulary ninja kind of way.
- Level 2 - Walks even faster and sometimes even ninja-teleports.
- Level 3 - Walks faster still and is even more likely to teleport.
- Level 4 - Walks extremely fast and is more likely again to teleport.
- Level 5 - A ninja among ninjas.
Gamer's Review: Useful trait. You walk faster, run or teleport about the place. Very useful if your house is large.
- Great kissers tend to have more success than the rest.
- Level 1 - Less likely to get a slap in the face for a kiss than average.
- Level 2 - Kiss with confidence.
- Level 3 - In a relationship? Try the exclusive Steamy Make Out.
- Level 4 - Effortless kisser.
- Level 5 - Kissing is a weapon this Sim wields with devastating effect.
Gamer's Review: Useful trait. Means you can kiss earlier in the relationship without negative repercussions.
- Stay inspired longer as Night Owl Sims need less sleep than the most.
- Level 1 - Can stay awake longer.
- Level 2 - Can stay awake even longer.
- Level 3 - Can stay awake longer still.
- Level 4 - Can stay awake an inhuman amount of time.
- Level 5 - What is this sleep you speak of?
Gamer's Review: Useless. Like Steel Bladder.